Youngsters - overview
Children and young people are always welcome at St Michael's, for our main services or at activities specifically for them. Click on the links below for more information. Refer to the Safeguarding webpages for details of how we safeguard all children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Sunday School takes place at 10:00am in the Morlais Room at church during school term-time - from Sunday 5th December 2021 onwards.
- For those attending the regular church services with small children, there is a small carpeted area at the back of the church, with toys.
- ABC (or Adults, babies and children) at St Michael's is our regular weekly coffee morning for those with a baby or toddler. We hope to restart ABC on Tuesday mornings in the near future, following a planning meeting in early May 2022.
- St Michael's bell ringers offer young people the opportunity to learn a rewarding skill in a friendly, relaxed environment – they, and any others interested, are always welcome.
- Uniformed youth organisations (Rainbow, Brownies, Guides, Cubs, Scouts) often take part in St Michael's All Age Worship Services, and some groups meet in the Church Hall or in its Scout annex.
Messy Church - suspended during pandemic
Messy Church is normally held in the Church Hall (on The Meadway) every third Sunday of the month, from 3:30pm until 5:30pm. "Messy Church is a way of being church for families and others. It is Christ-centred, for all ages, based on creativity, hospitality and celebration."
- The Messy Church Easter video is on Facebook (St Michael's Tilehurst).
- The Messy Church Lent video is on the 'Messy' Lent webpage.
- The Messy Church Christingle video is on the 'Messy' Christingle webpage.
Other activities - suspended during pandemic
- For teenagers, there are some collaborative activities with other churches.