St Michael's Church Hall - overview
St Michael's Church Hall is regularly used by
Pre-School Group, Guides and Brownies, and by a range of other community organisations. It is also used for some church functions, such as the Christmas Market.
Scouts have the use of an adjacent Scout Hall, leased from St Michael's and sharing the same car park.
The Church Hall is a short distance from the church, with vehicular access via The Meadway and the north end of Routh Lane. See Map and Directions to Hall.
The Hall can be booked either for one-off events such as parties, or on a regular basis for meetings or group activities. See Hiring the Hall for more information about booking, and Hall Calendar for details of current use and availability.
Note (with effect from 3rd September 2021): For operational reasons, St Michael's Church is currently unable to accept any new bookings for one-off private parties or functions in the Hall. All prior bookings will of course be honoured. As soon as the situation changes, this webpage will be updated.
The Church Hall facilities, capacities and approximate room sizes are as follows:
- Main Hall - 48 feet long by 24 feet wide (14.6 metres by 7.3 metres). It has a seating and dancing capacity of 100 persons. The floor is marked out with a badminton court.
- Room 3 - 24 feet long by 15 feet wide (7.3 metres by 4.5 metres). It has a seating and dancing capacity of 40 persons.
- Kitchen - with full facilities for cooking and heating food. A separate hire charge is made for the use of the kitchen.
- Toilets - including a toilet for people with disabilities.
- Furniture - Chairs and tables are available.
- Car Park - space for off-street parking of up 25 vehicles approximately, plus a small amount of unrestricted on-street parking. Parking is shared by all users of the Church Hall and the Scout Hall.