Each downloadable document is a PDF type file. Most documents have been designed to print on A4 paper, either as straightforward A4 format pages or as 2xA5 format pages. When printing documents, it is recommended that you choose double-sided printing, if your printer has that capability. Otherwise, copies of documents may be obtained from the Parish Office on request.
The audio recordings at the foot of the page are MP3 type files which should be playable through your computer/device.
- H&S-PROC-001 Private Prayer Procedure
- H&S-PROC-003 Services Procedure (updated May 2021)
- H&S-PROC-007 Services Procedure/RiskAssmt Handbell Ringing
- H&S-PROC-009 Services Procedure/RiskAssmt Tower Bell Ringing
- H&S-PROC-012 Funerals Procedure
- H&S-PROC-015 Weddings Procedure
- H&S-PROC-019 Baptism Procedure
- COVID-19 Permitted Activities under the 3 Tier System (Church of England guidance, v2.2, 17th December 2020) - external website document
- Welcome booklet - a helpful overview for visitors to St Michael's.
- Welcome & Keeping In Touch leaflet - a welcome sheet, plus a form for your contact details.
- Pastoral Care leaflet - a form for requesting a pastoral care visit.
- ABC Group leaflet - about our Thursday coffee mornings for Adults, Babies and Children.
Baptism / Thanksgiving documents
- Giving Thanks For Your Baby booklet - all about Baptism & Thanksgiving services.
- Application form for Baptism - to apply for a Baptism service.
- Application form for Thanksgiving - to apply for a Thanksgiving service.
- Getting Married At St Michael's - a guide for engaged couples.
- Wedding Fees 2019 - a guide to costs for weddings in 2019.
Funeral / Churchyard documents
- Bereavement Support - a leaflet about how St Michael's Church offers support to those who have been bereaved.
- When Someone Dies - a leaflet about commemorating a loved one with a churchyard memorial.
- What I Should Like When The Time Comes - thinking about your own funeral service.
- Churchyard Regulations - as laid down in law.
Bells & Ringing documents
- Bell Ringing Recruiting - a leaflet to recruit new bell-ringing learners.
- Ringing for Weddings - a leaflet about arranging bells for weddings.
- The Bells and their History - a brief history.
Church Hall documents
- Hall Health & Safety Briefing Note - important notes for users of the Hall.
(updated October 2020)
- Hall Conditions Of Hire - the formal conditions for hiring the Hall.
- St Michael's Church - a brief history.
Prayer List documents
- For the Sick - a form to update the prayer list.
- For the Deceased & Bereavement Service - a form to update the prayer list.
Christian Stewardship Planned Giving documents
- Parish Giving Scheme - the new Gift Aid scheme for giving by Direct Debit.
- Giving In Grace - a leaflet, including Gift Aid and Banker's Order forms.
Votive Candle Prayer documents
- Lord May This Candle Be A Light
- I Lit A Candle In St Michael's
- Give Me A Light That I May Tread Safely
- Christ Renew Us
What Next documents
- Initial Sermon - An introduction to the Five Marks of Mission
- Sermon on the First Mark - Tell
- Sermon on the Second Mark - Teach
- Sermon on the Third Mark - Tend
- Sermon on the Fourth Mark - Transform
- Sermon on the Fifth Mark - Treasure
Interviews broadcast by BBC Radio Berkshire
- Interview with the then Rector, Revd John Rogers - about the 2012 Restoration and St Michael's church, recorded in September 2014
- Interview with the then Rector, Revd John Rogers - about his life and his introduction to the ministry, recorded in September 2014
- Interview with Jackie Chappell - about the Wednesday Lunches, recorded in September 2014
- Interview with Eileen White and Glenis Kerr Elliott - about the celebrations to mark the 825th anniversary of St Michael's church, recorded in September 2014
Other audio files
- The sound of St Michael's bells - a method known as Stedman Triples being rung by local Tilehurst ringers, recorded in 1997